Irrelevant shait

Irrelevant shait

ViestiKirjoittaja Teddy » 21.01.2017 23:40

A cloaked figure ran through an alley. It was dark everywhere but it knew where to go. Not so long after it came another figure, this one wasn’t hiding under a hood. His armour almost shone like a star in the fading light of the evening as the chase continued. He wasn’t at all that tall but still firmly built and gained on the shady figure a lot faster than it had probably anticipated as the figure clearly staggered after looking at the pursuer.

The alley was getting narrower and it became harder for the armoured person to go straight through. He cursed as he pushed his way forward in between two walls. In the end of the alley seemed to have been only darkness but it didn’t slow him down. However, the cloaked figure had stopped and when the armoured man finally got out of the narrow space, they were standing opposite each other in a really small courtyard with no other exit than the one behind him.

“You’ve got nowhere to run.” he spoke from under his helmet. “We can get through this without violence if you’re just willing to do as I say.” And as he said so, the hood of the person rose slightly to gesture that they were looking at the great-sword on the armoured man’s back. Neither of them made any moves either way for the brief moment that followed. The cloaked figure moved first, from under their cloak, a short staff appeared with a pale white hand holding it.

“So, you want to do it the hard way. Well.. Fine by me.” he shrugged and pulled the magnificent sword from his back. “You rebels should’ve never existed! A lot of lives would’ve been saved!” he shouted when they engaged in a fierce but short-lived battle; the armoured man had a chance to swipe a powerful strike at the cloaked person who just and just avoided the deadly blow before another figure appeared from nowhere.

“Stop!” the third person screamed and suddenly there was an invisible wall blocking the fire the cloaked figure had produced with its staff to counter-attack the armoured one. “Taako! We’re not savages! Don’t fight without a very -very- good reason.” it was clearly a man’s voice from the third figure.

“But it was self-defence!” the cloaked man protested spreading his arms to be more dramatic. The armoured man, now in the middle of the two cloaked men, was confused but tried to attack the new-comer but the same kind of invisible wall blocked his attack like it had done with the fire.

“What the--??” he mumbled after his sword had flung off the air. He tried to hit all around himself but in every direction seemed to have been a resistant force that enabled his blade to cut through. He sighed when he realized what had happened. “Well then. Finish me off.” he sounded disgusted but also like it would’ve truly been his last wish. The hooded figure who had been called Taako, was already stepping forward to perform the finishing blow but was cut off by the third man.

“No. I trust it that you have lyrium, don’t you? Then you can get yourself out of there.” after that he turned to Taako. “We have matters to discuss.” And as soon as the third person had arrived, both of them were gone. The slightly angry armoured man remained in the middle of the air-wall cube. He went through his pockets and pouches to find some lyrium he then doused his sword with. It took a couple of strikes before the walls gave in and disappeared completely. He looked at the now completely black sky to find the faintest trace of light but there were no stars.
Jokainen napattu rikollinen tuo minut lähemmäs ylennystä.
Teddy
Ylläpitäjä

Re: Irrelevant shait

ViestiKirjoittaja Teddy » 22.01.2017 12:34

The two cloaked magicians were walking at a fast pace toward a humongous old stone door in a dimly lit corridor. They had taken off their hoods. The pale one appeared to have golden hair that reached down to his shoulders a bit curly and a pointy nose, and the other one had darker skin and red long-ish hair. Both of them had pointy ears which indicated that they were elves. They argued the whole way and hardly stopped after entering the great hall that lay behind the doors. A couple of guards with sharp pointy staffs let them in, opening the doors with the magic they produced with their staffs.

The hall was full of tents and tables and people of different races. One could find elves, human’s, qunari and even a couple of dwarves. Most of them were around their twenties or thirties but many were much older. The room didn’t hold many children at all. They all looked like they didn’t have much to lose but their lives but still some had finer clothing. The hall had some guards either helping the people or standing around the corners and by the doors to maintain safety and order, although that was hardly necessary.

The two elves argued their way through to one of the opened doorways and entered. This room was a lot smaller and had a lower ceiling than the great hall. The room even had furniture; some tables and bookshelves and chairs. Every corner was full of something was it either rocks, books, plants or opened chests full of most likely some valuable potion making equipment.

Their bickering ended when a woman behind a table in the far corner rose to greet them with her glance. The elves both nodded as the woman took her seat again. In there was also another woman with short red hair working at one of the tables full of rock samples. She didn’t turn but waved her arm to greet the elves who acknowledged it.

“So, what’s the occasion?” the older woman behind her desk asked. The two elves looked at each other like they didn’t know which one of them should speak.

“Taako was using offensive magic against a templar.” the red-haired one answered and got a salty glance from his friend standing beside him.

“It was for self-defence! He chased me for like half an hour around the slums and smoky parts of the town. When he cornered me, I didn’t have a choice.” the golden-haired elf explained and got a puzzled look from the woman.

“And what happened to the templar, might I ask?” she continued her questioning.

“I trapped him in the ice cube and I’m pretty sure he can make it out himself.” the red-haired elf spoke again. Taako rolled eyes and mumbled under his breath: “I could’ve handled it myself..”

“So, if the templar is unharmed and so are you two, then why come to me at all?” she seemed curious and somewhat worried.

“We were looking around the market to perhaps get ourselves something to eat and ended up going to see what new the king had invented this time. As we went closer to the stage at the plaza, we saw it.” the red-haired one spoke with a slightly horrified voice.

“The templar guards are going to use some sort of magical devices that aren’t magical but shoot lyrium out of them and are able to take down mages from a greater distance. It was a horrible sight when they tested the thing on one captured mage. Apparently they can now take down mages even easier and the announcer also said that those inventions can, when loaded with the right combination of different kinds of lyrium, make a mage tranquil.” Taako finished the description. “We can’t allow that to happen! We must destroy those weapons before the templars use them on any more mages!” he took a step forward to express his dedication. The woman behind the desk closed her eyes. She looked somewhat older than a moment ago, as if the weight story had aged her. Soon she sighed and spoke.

“We cannot let that happen. That much is true but we don’t have the manpower nor a plan to do such miracles. The Keep will remain a secret and we can live our lives safely while welcoming the ones in need of shelter from the templars.” she said determinately, although the two elves could see it in her eyes that she didn’t want that fate to fall upon them.

“Yes, of course, ma’am.” the red-haired elf bowed his head slightly while closing his eyes.

The woman at the rock table had finally turned around, devastated and yet badly hiding her excitement.

“Taako, Elrahel, Serafina, could I have a moment alone, please.” the woman behind the desk asked. The elves bowed and the woman at the rock table, Serafina, stood up also bowed her head a bit. They all left and entered the noisy hall full of chatter.

“You guys really saw a weapon that was ranged but not a bow? What did it look like? Give me full details!” Serafina almost jumped as they moved along to find another room where they could talk in more peace than in the great hall.

“The crowd was so thick that I couldn’t really get any full picture but it was small and metallic and they said something about a trigger on it.” Taako tried to bring the image back to his mind. Serafina looked more excited than she should’ve, judging by the graveness of the situation.

“You must understand that we’re not going to get you one just for fun, right?” the red-headed Elrahel stated.

“Yeah, yeah.” she only answered while they were sitting down to one corner table in the mess hall.

“You know, sometimes it’s hard to know which side are you on.” Taako chuckled and Serafina just smiled. She was enthusiastic with creating something new. Alchemy was one of her strong suits too. Although she was a rogue, she had decided to stay on the mages’ side when the templars took over most of Thedas and banished magic while the newly risen king had his inventions save the world from perdition. The three of them had almost instantly become best friends after her joining the rebellion. They kept on talking the whole night before finally heading to bed like so many others in the great hall had done too.
Jokainen napattu rikollinen tuo minut lähemmäs ylennystä.
Teddy
Ylläpitäjä

Paluu Suunnittelua